Tuesday, November 22

Guest Post by Nails Like Lace

Hi everyone! I have a guest post for you today! Thanks Amber for taking the time to do a guest post for me! Amber is great and does some amazing nail art! You should check out her blog here.  Amber also let me do a guest post on her blog today, so when you are done here, hop on over to Nails Like Lace!


Hello, everyone. I am Amber from Nails Like Lace.

First and foremost, I want to say THANK YOU to Meredith for having me on her blog. This is my first time as a guest blogger and it's exciting! =D I really appreciate the opportunity!

At first, I had absolutely no idea what I was going to create for this guest post. I was thinking lace nails, some sort of art with acrylic paint or feather nails. Then it hit me!

About a month ago, Meredith made some rings, earrings and a pendant with "bejeweled" so-to-speak stones. You can see them here. From this jewelry is where I got the idea for my nail design to show you today! I figured it was more than appropriate for this post to be featured here rather than on my blog, so this design, inspired by Meredith, I also dedicate to her! =)

To start off, I painted all of my nails (minus the ring finger) with 2 coats of Sally Hansen Black Heart (on top of a strengthening base coat, of course). The ring finger got 2 coats of Pure ICE Super Star!, just a plain white.

To give the finished design a more straight-edged, clean look, I painted on the different shapes with colors matching the stones I would use.

After some top coat, I added rhinestones to finish this super simple, super sparkly look! I actually allowed the top coat to dry and used super glue to attach the stones. I prefer to glue my stones because they stay on much better and don't require a top coat afterwards; which is the main reason I do it. I hate having to top coat stones because they seem to usually fall off anyway, and I think they the top coat robs the stones of some of their shape and shininess. The unevenness/rough and bumpy finish doesn't bother me at all, plus I'm usually not very hard on my nails (during the school year), so I don't have to worry much about them. If you're like me, I highly recommend this technique, I can almost promise you'll like it better! However, it may drive some people crazy to have these things sticking off the nail all over the place, for whom this would not be the way to go! =P

¡Silencio, vamos! On to the pictures, already, lady! =) Here is the final outcome:





I know these nails don't do Meredith's jewelry justice, but I think they're cute. =) What do you think?

Once again thank you so much for having me! Everyone have a great day!

¡Nos Vemos!

Thanks again Amber, those are amazing!!!!!! I love them!